The United States is the only country founded upon an idea--and it is that idea, and its evolution throughout American history, which this non-partisan and secular collection aspires to preserve. The Patriotic Thinker presents the most vital writings on American thought, framed in the context of a simple idea: that in America it is patriotic to think, to question, to be informed.
- Declaration of Independence, 1776
- Bill of Rights
- Constitutional amendments
- Thomas Paine's "Common Sense," 1776
- Letters/essays from Jefferson, Adams, Washington, Franklin
- Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, 1863
- Emerson's "Self-Reliance"
- Alexis de Tocqueville's "Democracy in America"
- Emma Lazarus's "The New Colossus" (1883), engraved on the Statue of Liberty
- JFK's inaugural address
|Compact Disc Audio Product||English|
|Phoenix Audio (Jun. 30th, 2010)||Unknown|
|General American Literary Collections|