This definitive encyclopedia includes:
* Physical descriptions
* Economic, political, historical, cultural descriptions--from natural resources to landmarks and key events.
* Latitude, longitude, and elevation
* Changed or variant names and spellings
There are entries on every type of place:
* The physical world--continents, regions, oceans, seas, lakes, lagoons, rivers, mountain ranges, valleys, rain forests, deserts, islands, and more
* The political world--countries, provinces, states, counties, regions, cities, towns, neighborhoods, historical and archaeological sites.
* And all the special places--from national parks and monuments to airports, harbors, dams, shopping malls, canals, mines, nuclear plants, and much more.
|Hardcover Book, 3578 pages||English|
|Columbia University Press (Unknown)||Unknown|
|9780231110402||12.10 x 9.69 x 9.51 inches|