To followers of Islam, the Qur'an is the literal word of God, revealed through Muhammad, the last of the line of prophets, containing all that is necessary to lead a life of righteousness.
This new bilingual edition, approved by Al-Azhar University, the chief center of Islamic and Arabic learning in the world, offers a comprehensive and accurate rendering of the Qur'an into modern English. The clear, rigorous translation, one of the only English translations available by a native Arabic speaker, is laid out here in dual column format directly opposing the Arabic text to allow the reader to make careful verse by verse comparisons.
- approved by Al-Azhar University, Cairo
- easy-to-read translation into modern English
- index of surahs (chapters)
- English and Arabic headers
- verse numbers within text in English and Arabic
- explanatory footnotes in English
|Paperback Book, 645 pages||Arabic|
|New York University Press (Mar. 1st, 2004)||Unknown|
|9780814727249||6.76 x 9.30 x 1.34 inches|
|Koran and Islamic Sacred Writings|