Is that home or condominium apartment you plan on buying a true bargain or an overpriced "handyman's special"? "Here's how to find out!"
No other book on the market increases your chances more of getting your money's worth when buying a home than "The Complete Book of Home Inspection." If you want to find out exactly what's behind, beneath, above, and around the home you're thinking of making an offer on, this is just what the inspector ordered. And if you're thinking of selling your home, here's the perfect way to accurately evaluate its condition prior to setting a price.
This comprehensive instruction manual covers every aspect of exterior, interior, and electromechanical home inspection and is basic enough for a layperson and detailed enough to be a working on-site tool for professional home inspectors.
Revealing techniques and methods used by experienced home inspectors, this heavily illustrated reference details how to evaluate the condition of a home or condominium apartment - inside and out. Precise step-by-step procedures enable you to inspect a home as though accompanied by an inspector with many years' experience.
Written by a professional home inspector, "The Complete Book of Home Inspection" is packed with photos, graphs, dozens of checklists, and worksheets and valuable chapter summaries.
If you want to avoid costly mistakes and headaches down the road, don't even think of making an offer on a house without reading this book first!
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
* A new chapter on swimming pools
* An added section on exterior walls discussing problems with synthetic stucco (EIFS)
* New material added to the environmental concerns chapter on molds and associated problems
* Most chapters and sections have been extensively updated and expanded
"The Complete Book of Home Inspection, Third Edition":
* Includes professional inspection worksheets with checklists in every chapter
* Fully illustrated (over 150 photos and drawings)
* All the information homeowner's need to maintain their house
* Content based on the author's 30 years' experience as a home inspector
* New material that updates chapters, including synthetic stucco (EIFS), mold, termite bait systems, sagging plaster ceilings, truss uplift cracks, and much more, plus a new chapter on swimming pools.
|Paperback Book, 289 pages||English|
|McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing (Jun. 30th, 2002)||3|
|9780071391252||7.28 x 9.27 x 0.73 inches|
|Home and Garden Reference|