Part-time Fixed Schedule
Scan incoming units into inventory with the goal of creating the greatest service and support to our customers as part of the total quality customer experience.
- Inventory Processing
- Process books at scanning stations in compliance with all policies, standards and best practices
- Operate inventory processing software
- Apply SKU stickers to correct titles
- Shelve books with the proper locator code if required
- Keep up to date on and comply with current policy on rejected items
- Follow protocols for replenishment and clearance at the stations and consolidation points
- Report inventory errors to supervisor
- Accurately document work time using appropriate company systems.
- Attendances and punctuality.
- Keep work areas clean consistent with department 5S expectations.
- Maintain or exceed productivity standards, while ensuring quality and accuracy.
- Report any errors to team leader or supervisor.
- Use correct tools and methods as described in Standard Operating Procedures.
- Be a role model for your peers, and make your behavior consistent with your words.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to focus on a single task for extended periods of time.
- Excellent keyboarding skills with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
- Able to use a variety of software applications including Microsoft Office Suite, email/Outlook, and the internet.
- Must be a team player and be able to work in a fast-paced, exciting, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Must have an understanding and commitment to the values and mission of Better World Books.
- Must be able to stand on feet for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Mechanical Mastery
- Computer with accessory equipment including mouse, keyboard, and barcode scanner
- Pallet jack, battery charger, book cart, and utility knife.
- Language Skills
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write English.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to understand guidelines & procedures and consistently apply them in direct performance of tasks.
- Ability to identify relevant information & compare in order to make decisions.
Qualifications, Skills, and Training:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Alignment with core values of BWB:
- Customer Focus – We are driven to provide customers a highly-valued experience, and one that allows them to align their action with their values. We want to be their favorite marketplace and their favorite partner, so we incorporate their input into everything we do.
- People Matter – We seek out talented people who are hardworking and invest in them. We respect each individual, reward achievement and celebrate team success.
- Do the Right Thing – We strive to do the right thing at all times, with all people and all issues.
- Foster Innovation – We look for new ideas and bold moves while we embrace and create change.
- Passion for Literacy – We are committed to the cause of literacy. Every person should have the chance to achieve their potential and participate fully in society.
ü Mishawaka, IN
ü Hourly Non-Exempt Part-Time 20 -25 hours per week.
ü Operations Supervisor