We are growing and opening a new warehouse operation in Reno, NV! We are looking for high energy talent to get this location up and running.
We were founded in 2002 by three friends from the University of Notre Dame who started selling textbooks online to earn some money, and ended up forming a pioneering social enterprise — a business with a mission to promote literacy.
We’re not a traditional company with an add-on “cause” component. Social and environmental responsibility is at the core of our business. You could say it's in our DNA.
We’re breaking new ground in online bookselling. We believe that education and access to books are basic human rights. That's why books sold on BetterWorldBooks.com help fund high-impact literacy projects in the United States and around the world. That's why we commit to matching every purchase on our website with a book donation to someone in need - Book for Book™
Every book purchased from Better World Books contributes to individual literacy throughout the world and the potential for a better life. Clearly, we can’t do this work without our customers. That's why we’re so passionate about trying to offer the best price, selection, customer service, and overall shopping experience.
Thanks for joining us in our mission to create a better world, one book at a time.
This position will be responsible for performing tasks related to warehouse inventory. This includes, but is not limited to, processing incoming inventory, shelving processed inventory, shipping orders from inventory, and performing routine inventory maintenance functions.
- Pick books from shelves and sort to totes (based on shipping group and process)
- Prep packing area by placing books, pick sheets, and pack sheets in the proper bin.
- Manually pack orders, ensuring that inserts are added when applicable.
- Prep packages for proper shipping
- Perform inventory maintenance and control by flushing, squishing, and cleaning aisles.
- Shelve and re-shelve books using the proper locator code.
- Utilize software to correct any inventory errors and flush old inventory.
- Accurately document work time using appropriate company systems.
- Attendances and punctuality.
- Keep work areas clean consistent with department 5S expectations.
- Maintain or exceed productivity standards, while ensuring quality and accuracy.
- Report any errors to team leader or supervisor.
- Use correct tools and methods as described in Standard Operating Procedures.
- Be a role model for your peers, and make your behavior consistent with your words.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to use a computer, tablet, scan gun, and various inventory management programs.
- The ability to focus on a single task for extended periods of time
- The ability to use a pallet jack, baler, box cutter, conveyors, and other tools in a safe manner
- The ability to use a computer to check email and utilize the internet
- The ability to stand on feet for 8-10 hours at a time
- The ability to safely climb step stools and ladders
- The ability to consistently lift 45 lbs throughout the shift, including reaching, stooping and bending
- The positive attitude of a team player
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, fun, exciting, and entrepreneurial environment
- An understanding and commitment to the values and mission of Better World Books
- A willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing environment
- The ability to grasp new concepts and teach them to others through hands-on instruction
- Passion for our mission and a strong desire to provide excellent service to our customers
- A high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Strong work ethic and sense of initiative
Qualifications, Skills, and Training:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Alignment with core values of BWB:
- Customer Focus – We are driven to provide customers a highly-valued experience, and one that allows them to align their action with their values. We want to be their favorite marketplace and their favorite partner, so we incorporate their input into everything we do.
- People Matter – We seek out talented people who are hardworking and invest in them. We respect each individual, reward achievement and celebrate team success.
- Do the Right Thing – We strive to do the right thing at all times, with all people and all issues.
- Foster Innovation – We look for new ideas and bold moves while we embrace and create change.
- Passion for Literacy – We are committed to the cause of literacy. Every person should have the chance to achieve their potential and participate fully in society.
ü Reno, NV
ü Non-Exempt, Full-Time
ü Operations Supervisor