We recommend using a modern web browser such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge with their default settings.
READING ON THE GO AT UNION STATION LENDING LIBRARY
In the spring of 2015, The Union Station Redevelopment Corporation launched a […]
Harvard Medical School
Medical School Harvard
Anthony L. Komaroff
Hello, I'm an eBook!
ATTENTION: This item is an eBook. It can be read on iOS, Android, MAC and PC's with a supported eReader. It is not a physical book. eBooks are available via download immediately after you've checked out.
Shipped from other seller
Clean Earth Books
Friends of the Phoenix Library
One Stop Shop Bookstore
Today Americans have a better chance of living longer, healthier lives than ever before. But before we can utilize the benefits of modern medicine we must learn how to manage our own health. "The Harvard Medical School Family Health Guide" is an essential, empowering resource that can help you to navigate our health care system with ease and confidence. Whether you depend on traditional fee-for-service care or subscribe to an HMO, this comprehensive volume will provide you with all the medical know-how you need at every stage of life, including:
- up-to-the-minute information about the diagnosis and treatment of hundreds of medical conditions, including the latest breakthroughs in diagnostic testing and the newest drug discoveries
- an easy-to-understand introduction to our health care system and how to navigate it
- expert advice on how to make the most of the time spent with your doctor
- the benefits and side effects of many brand-name and generic drugs
- what to do in case of a medical emergency
- suggestions for healthy living and disease prevention
- first-person survival stories and testimonials
- coping strategies from the country's most renowned physicians
- the latest scientific studies on low-carbohydrate diets, nutrition, and good health
...and much more. With symptom charts, benefit/risk-assessment graphs, resource listings, a full glossary, even personal medical forms, this guidebook is the key to getting the best health care possible for you and your family.
Come shop our entire inventory of used books. Get discount code »
Gift Certificate = Happy Friend + Books donated to families in need. Make Someone Happy »
We match every book you purchase with a book donation. Learn more »
Sign up now to get news, sales and special promotions!
© Better World Books (BetterWorldBooks.com)