NATIONAL LITERACY TRUST WHERE’S WALLY? FUN RUN 2015: JOIN IN THE FUN!
Do you love the idea of running around a park with thousands […]
C. Alan Joyce
M. L. Liu
Hello, I'm an eBook!
ATTENTION: This item is an eBook. It can be read on iOS, Android, MAC and PC's with a supported eReader. It is not a physical book. eBooks are available via download immediately after you've checked out.
Converts one physical book into a digital version.
eDelivery converts your used book order into a digital version readable on most devices.
Ships directly from Better World Books
Last Page Books-Dallas
Your Online Bookstore
Bay City Books
Coas Books, Inc.
Wonder Book - Member ABAA/ILAB
The World Almanac is the #1 best-selling American reference book of all time. It is the source for essential and authoritative facts for entertainment, reference and learning. The book contains thousands of facts and statistics that aren't publicly available which are sourced and double-checked by the staff of World Almanac experts.
The 2008 Edition spent 12 weeks on the NYT Bestseller list reaching #2; 10 weeks on the USA Today Bestseller List reaching #51; and 9 weeks on the Book Sense List reaching a high of #11.
Features in "The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2009":
- The World at a Glance: The most fascinating facts of the past year in science, economics, sports, arts and media, and more
- Election 2008 Coverage and Results: Twenty-four pages dedicated to the complete coverage of key issues, pivotal primaries, memorable moments, and election results from the presidential campaign.
- Beijing Olympics Recap: faces, Places and records from the Summer 2008 games.
- World Series: For the first time in 5 years, the World Almanac will contain facts covering the World Series.
- "Year in Pictures: "16 page color photo section of the top stories of 2008, as well as 16 pages of world maps and flags and easy-to-use side abs.
- Plus thousands of facts and statistics that aren't publicly available; sourced and double-checked by our full-time editorial staff who are reference experts by category
- "Downloadable World Almanac Trivia Quiz Night Kit: "All that you need to host a quiz night in your local pub, bookstore, or classroom. Our editors provide over 150 questions and answers - all derived from "The World Almanac 2009." Have fun, fundraise, or draw a crowd with this turn-key party kit
World Almanac Online: www.WorldAlmanac.com
2009 will feature the third year of Bonus Content Online, extended reading to the printed edition for the same combined price of $12.99. This year will feature the Election Results from 2008, plus lots more free information available year-round at worldalmanac.com: historical presidential information, health news and features, and early access to WA09 info.
Once online, look for The World Almanac Blog, launched in 2006 and every weekday featuring
- New original entries, including provocative postings such as Unbreakable Sports Records; fascinating scientific and historical trivia; and new links to online tools and archives for almanac fans - This Day in History, Notable Birthdays and unusual anniversaries such as when Nixon met Elvis Presley in the Oval Office (1970)
- More useful links and tags to essential reads
Our best deal on used books 3 for $10 and just $3 each additional book. Shop and Save
A great last-minute holiday present. Exactly what they want to read. Order Gift Certificates »
We match every book you purchase with a book donation. Learn more »
Sign up now to get news, sales and special promotions!
© Better World Books (BetterWorldBooks.com)