RECOMMENDED READS FROM OUR RESIDENT LIBRARIAN
by Vanessa Jones, Account Manager, Better World Books UK I am an unashamed […]
Hello, I'm an eBook!
ATTENTION: This item is an eBook. It can be read on iOS, Android, MAC and PC's with a supported eReader. It is not a physical book. eBooks are available via download immediately after you've checked out.
Shipped from other seller
May ship separately
Ships separately from Better World Books suppliers
Super Book Deals
Through "Teaching Yoga for Life: Preparing Children and Teens for Healthy, Balanced Living," you can
- help kids become more confident and self-directed,
- use a holistic approach to enrich students' lives, and
- guide kids to manage stress more effectively.
Yoga is gaining popularity in schools and community programs for good reason: It provides an antidote to our fast-paced, technology-based society in which we never stop to relax, dig deeper, and learn more about ourselves and the world around us. Through "Teaching Yoga for Life: Preparing Children and Teens for Healthy, Balanced Living," you can employ a simple, safe, and pragmatic method for yoga instruction even if you've never taught it before. The clear, step-by-step directions and ample illustrations make it easy for you to present each of the activities, lessons, and 52 poses included in the book.
These lessons are based on a holistic approach that focuses on the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of yoga. The book introduces basic yoga philosophy in simplified take-home messages that help students live better lives. It also explains how yoga can enrich students' health and why it should be a vital part of their lives. Yoga students commonly
- improve their self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
- enhance their abilities to focus and concentrate;
- develop greater cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular strength and endurance, and flexibility; and
- learn how to handle stress (particularly helpful for kids with learning, behavioral, or social and economic challenges). This visual and user-friendly book is based on applied research and evidence from piloted programs, and it applies the pedagogical standards of the National Association for Sport and Physical Education. The book supplies lessons and unit plans, and you'll learn all about the basic physical poses, breathing techniques, play, visualizations, and relaxation methods. You'll also discover how to teach yoga effectively and learn the science and movement principles behind yoga.
Teaching yoga can help you create a safe and relaxed atmosphere for students. You can use a multiple-intelligence approach to engage all of your students, particularly those who don't enjoy traditional sport-based activities. Yoga requires little or no equipment and can be adapted to anyone's needs. It helps people slow down and discover, or rediscover, who they are. Best of all, anyone can do it. With the expert guidance and practical approach of this text, yoga can revitalize your classroom and your students.
Our best deal on used books 3 for $10 and just $3 each additional book. Shop and Save
Our gift certificates are quick, easy and sure to suit everyone, perfectly. Order Gift Certificates »
We match every book you purchase with a book donation. Learn more »
Sign up now to get news, sales and special promotions!
© Better World Books (BetterWorldBooks.com)