0 TO 10KM FOR SCOTTISH BOOK TRUST WITH EMMA MCNEILL
When the opportunity to do the Edinburgh Marathon Festival 10k as part […]
Hello, I'm an eBook!
ATTENTION: This item is an eBook. It can be read on iOS, Android, MAC and PC's with a supported eReader. It is not a physical book. eBooks are available via download immediately after you've checked out.
Shipped from other seller
May ship separately
Ships separately from Better World Books suppliers
Super Book Deals
"Athletic Development" offers a rare opportunity to learn and apply a career full of knowledge from the best. World-renowned strength and conditioning coach Vern Gambetta condenses the wisdom he's gained through more than 40 years of experience of working with athletes across sports, age groups, and levels of competition, including members of the Chicago White Sox, New York Mets, and U.S. men's 1998 World Cup soccer team. The result is an information-packed, myth-busting explanation of the most effective methods and prescriptions in each facet of an athlete's physical preparation. Gambetta includes never-before-published and ready-to-use training approaches in
- sport-specific demands analysis,
- work capacity enhancements,
- movement skills development,
- long- and short-term training program progressions, and
- rest and regeneration techniques. "Athletic Development" explains what works, what doesn't, and why. Gambetta's no-nonsense approach emphasizes results that pay off in the competitive season and reflect his work at the highest echelons of sport. Merging principles of anatomy, biomechanics, and exercise physiology with sports conditioning applications and four decades of professional practice, this is the definitive guide to performance-enhancing training.
Get 40% off 5 or more used books from the Bargain Bin. Shop and Save
A great last-minute present. Exactly what they want to read. Order Gift Certificates »
We match every book you purchase with a book donation. Learn more »
Sign up now to get news, sales and special promotions!
© Better World Books (BetterWorldBooks.com)